Posted on Saturday, April 10, 2021 11:20 AM
Huron-Perth, ON – Huron Perth Public Health would like to clarify expectations about whether personal service settings can be open. Personal services settings (PSS) include hair salons and barbershops, manicure and pedicure salons, aesthetician services, piercing services, tanning salons, spas and tattoo studios.
Personal Service Settings are not permitted to open at any time during this current provincial shutdown. A misreading of the provincial legislation has led to confusion that personal services...
Posted on Thursday, April 08, 2021 02:38 PM
- Our data from Wednesday, April 7, show that Huron Perth has a cumulative total of 1,446 confirmed COVID-19 cases since the beginning of the pandemic, with 8 cases added and one case reassigned to another health unit since the previous day. There are currently 27 active cases.
- There have been 25 presumptive positive screens for a variant of concern (VOC) in Huron Perth. Twelve of these cases are currently active, an increase of 6 since the briefing on Tuesday.
- Details on where...
Posted on Wednesday, April 07, 2021 04:26 PM
Huron-Perth, ON – Huron Perth Public Health is expanding eligibility for COVID-19 vaccinations to adults aged 65 and older (born in 1956 or earlier).
“The response to the vaccine rollout in Huron Perth has been very positive,” says Dr. Klassen, Medical Officer of Health. “Provincial data shows that Huron-Perth has achieved 91.5% coverage of the age group of individuals 80 and older, receiving at least one dose. I’m pleased that we’re now able to offer vaccinations to even more of our...
Posted on Tuesday, April 06, 2021 04:47 PM
- Our data from Monday, April 5, shows that Huron Perth has a cumulative total of 1,438 confirmed COVID-19 cases since the beginning of the pandemic, with 3 cases added and one case reassigned since the previous day. There are currently 22 active cases.
- Details on where the active cases are, can be found on our COVID-19 in Huron and Perth webpage.
- There are currently no Huron Perth residents in hospital due to COVID-19.
- We are reporting one death due to COVID-19, for a total...
Posted on Thursday, April 01, 2021 04:13 PM
Huron-Perth, ON – The provincial government announced today that all of Ontario will enter a shutdown effective Saturday, April 3, 2021, at 12:01 a.m. The government intends to keep this in place for at least four weeks.
“We know this is difficult news for Huron Perth residents and business owners,” says Dr. Miriam Klassen, Medical Officer of Health for Huron Perth. “While COVID-19 case numbers have been relatively low in Huron Perth over the past several weeks, we have seen an increase in...