Posted on Sunday, March 14, 2021 01:35 PM
The province will launch a provincial booking system and customer service desk to support COVID-19 vaccination appointment bookings tomorrow (Monday, March 15); however eligible residents of Huron-Perth will continue to book their COVID-19 vaccinations through Huron Perth Public Health (HPPH).
Ontario is supporting its public health units with the implementation of the new provincial booking system in the ways that best suit local needs. HPPH has a self-established booking tool and call centre, and...
Posted on Thursday, March 11, 2021 02:44 PM
One-year anniversary of pandemic
Today, March 11, marks one year since the World Health Organization declared COVID-19 a global pandemic. In Canada, it is a national day of observance to commemorate those who have died due to COVID-19.
In Huron-Perth, 50 people have died due to COVID-19, mostly older adults who were residents of long-term care and retirement homes. These deaths are a tragic reminder of how severe
the virus can be, especially for our most vulnerable community members.
Posted on Wednesday, March 10, 2021 03:55 PM
Huron-Perth, ON – In keeping with provincial direction, Huron Perth Public Health (HPPH) will be extending the time interval for second doses of COVID-19 vaccines up to 16 weeks.
This will mean cancelling most currently booked appointments for second doses and offering more first doses.
The provincial transition to extend the interval between first and second dose came into effect today. Extending the second dose interval means more individuals will be able to receive the first dose of vaccine.
Posted on Monday, March 08, 2021 03:35 PM
- Our data from Sunday, March 7, show that Huron-Perth has a cumulative total of 1,364 confirmed cases since the beginning of the pandemic, with 11 cases added over the weekend. There are currently 24 active cases.
- Details on where the active cases are, can be found on our COVID-19 in Huron and Perth webpage.
- There are currently two Huron-Perth residents in hospital due to COVID-19.
- The number of deaths due to COVID-19 remains unchanged at 50.
Variants of Concern
- One confirmed...
Posted on Thursday, March 04, 2021 03:59 PM
- Our data from Wednesday, March 3, show that Huron-Perth has a cumulative total of 1,345 confirmed cases since the beginning of the pandemic, with 7 cases added since yesterday. There are currently 23 active cases.
- Details on where the active cases are can be found on our COVID-19 in Huron and Perth webpage (please note the Tableau Public website is back in operation).
- There are currently no Huron-Perth residents in hospital due to COVID-19.
- The number of deaths due...