Posted on Wednesday, September 22, 2021 03:29 PM
- Our most recent published data shows that Huron Perth has a cumulative total of 2126 confirmed COVID-19 cases since the beginning of the pandemic. There are currently 31 active cases.
- There are five Huron Perth residents in hospital due to COVID-19.
- There have been 65 deaths due to COVID-19 (8 since early September).
- More details on case counts can be found on our COVID-19 in Huron and Perth webpage.
- Virtually all new cases in Ontario are the Delta variant. It is twice as...
Posted on Wednesday, September 22, 2021 12:49 PM
Huron Perth, ON – The provincial requirement to provide proof of vaccination to access certain indoor public settings takes effect today, and Huron Perth Public Health (HPPH) thanks the community for continuing to work together to stop the spread of COVID-19 and its variants.
The new provincial requirement is one of several actions to encourage eligible people to get vaccinated. Increased vaccination rates will provide more protection against the highly transmissible Delta Variant for Ontarians,...
Posted on Wednesday, September 08, 2021 04:25 PM
- Our most recent data shows that Huron Perth has a cumulative total of 2064 confirmed COVID-19 cases since the beginning of the pandemic. There are currently 38 active cases.
- There are seven Huron Perth residents in hospital due to COVID-19.
- Sadly we are reporting three deaths due to COVID-19, bringing the total to 60. The new deaths are connected to the outbreak at Knollcrest Lodge long-term care home. We extend our condolences to the residents’ loved ones and to the staff and...
Posted on Tuesday, September 07, 2021 03:10 PM
Huron Perth, ON – Huron Perth Public Health (HPPH) has seen a significant rise in COVID-19 activity and outcomes since its last data update on September 3, similar to the increase happening across Ontario that is driven by the Delta variant.
HPPH recorded 20 new cases over the weekend, for a total of 38 active cases in the region. Seven people are currently in hospital due to COVID-19. In addition, HPPH is saddened to report three deaths, all associated with the outbreak at Knollcrest...
Posted on Wednesday, September 01, 2021 04:02 PM
Huron Perth, ON – Huron Perth Public Health (HPPH) supports the Ontario government’s decision to launch an enhanced vaccine certificate and require proof of COVID-19 vaccination in certain settings. The announcement came from the province earlier today.
“I am pleased that steps are being taken to further protect the public from COVID-19 in indoor settings where there is a higher risk of virus transmission,” says Dr. Miriam Klassen, Medical Officer for Health for Huron Perth.
As of September...