Posted on Friday, November 20, 2020 09:25 AM
As delivered by Dr. Klassen at the Nov. 19 media briefing:Case count
- We currently have 254 confirmed cases from the start of the pandemic, with 48 active.
- You’ll see a drop of active cases even though our total confirmed cases went up to 254. This is because of a cluster in Perth East and our contact tracing work there.
- We do not have any outbreaks in Huron-Perth schools or childcare centres.
- The Knollcrest outbreak has been declared over.
We were saddened to...
Posted on Friday, November 20, 2020 09:21 AM
Influenza has arrived in Huron Perth. While there are currently fewer than five lab-confirmed cases of influenza, many people who become sick with influenza are not sick enough to be hospitalized and tested. Therefore, the lab-confirmed cases may only represent a small number of people who have influenza throughout the season. Influenza in Canada typically circulates from November to April.
To protect against influenza (the flu) and help stop the spread in the community, the Health Unit advises all...
Posted on Wednesday, November 18, 2020 04:35 PM
Huron Perth has 248 total confirmed cases of COVID-19 since the start of the pandemic. There are currently 54 active cases.
Please note that while our total number remains 248, there has been one new case (in Howick) added. This is because two case files were identified in data as duplicates, taking the total number down to 247 with the new case bringing the total back to 248.Cedarcroft outbreak
We were saddened to learn of another Cedarcroft resident with COVID-19 who has passed...
Posted on Monday, November 16, 2020 03:51 PM
- We have added 20 cases to our numbers since Friday, for a cumulative total of 248 in Huron-Perth
- Active cases have gone from 64 to 72
- Some active cases are epidemiologically linked to the Cedarcroft outbreak and other are across Huron and Perth in various municipalities, including 17 active cases in Perth East.
- 1 case from Central Huron was reassigned to Bluewater
- Several hospitalizations related to the transfer of residents out of Cedarcroft – more information about Cedarcroft is below.
- We do...
Posted on Sunday, November 15, 2020 04:29 PM
The following update is from a news conference that took place on Zoom on Sunday, November 15 at 12 noon. To watch the news conference: https://youtu.be/Hny-lOfpuLcCedarcroft Update From: Lily Goodman, Chief Operating Officer with All Seniors Care/Cedarcroft
- Background information:
- First Cedarcroft resident tested positive for COVID-19 on October 27 and outbreak was declared on October 27
- COVID has hit hard and fast
- As of today, there is a cumulative total of 42 positive residents (about half...