Posted on Thursday, December 09, 2021 12:20 PM
London, ON – Increasing case numbers and the arrival of the Omicron variant have prompted area Medical Officers of Health to issue a letter outlining recommendations for how residents can protect themselves and their loved ones from COVID-19 during the holidays.
Huron Perth Public Health’s Dr. Miriam Klassen, Southwestern Public Health’s Dr. Joyce Lock and the Middlesex-London Health Unit’s Acting Medical Officer of Health, Dr. Alex Summers issued the joint statement today. The letter does not add...
Posted on Wednesday, December 08, 2021 03:12 PM
- As of Tuesday, December 7, Huron Perth has a cumulative total of 2,620 confirmed COVID-19 cases since the beginning of the pandemic. There are currently 68 active cases.
- There was one new death last week, bringing the total to 70. This was a community member whose case was connected to a workplace outbreak. We extend our condolences to the individual’s loved ones.
- There are currently six people hospitalized due to COVID-19.
- We continue to see a steady number of new cases. The more...
Posted on Friday, December 03, 2021 10:23 AM
Huron Perth, ON – To provide extra protection against COVID-19, Ontario is expanding eligibility for booster doses of the COVID-19 vaccine to adults aged 50 and over and additional high-risk individuals. The announcement was made Thursday, December 2, by the province’s Chief Medical Officer of Health.
Beginning Monday, December 13, individuals aged 50 and over will be able to schedule their booster dose appointment through select pharmacies, mass vaccination clinics, and primary care provider...
Posted on Wednesday, November 24, 2021 02:56 PM
- As of Tuesday, November 23, Huron Perth has a cumulative total of 2,497 confirmed COVID-19 cases since the beginning of the pandemic. There are currently 33 active cases.
- There were two deaths last week, bringing the total to 69.
- There are currently three people hospitalized due to COVID-19.
- We continue to see a steady number of new cases and moderate levels of community transmission in Huron Perth. The more community transmission of the virus, the higher the likelihood of outbreaks...
Posted on Tuesday, November 23, 2021 03:37 PM
Huron-Perth, ON ̶ The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) has completed further testing on a sample from a horse in Blanshard Ward (Perth South) that recently tested positive for rabies. As a result of this testing, the positive rabies result has been reclassified as rabies negative.
“This was very unexpected and a first for Ontario,“ says Dale Lyttle, Senior Public Health Inspector at Huron Perth Public Health (HPPH). “Upon receipt of a positive rabies result in an animal,...