School Suspensions

Huron Perth Public Health (HPPH) collects, screens and maintains immunization records for all children who attend school or licensed childcare in Huron and Perth counties.

Children who do not have a complete immunization record with all required vaccines, or a valid exemption, may be suspended from school or childcare.

Immunization notice

Huron Perth Public Health works with parents and caregivers to update records and arrange immunizations. Before a suspension from school occurs, HPPH will notify you by mail or phone that your child is missing required vaccines from their record. This notice will list the vaccine(s) that are not on record.

If you receive notification, you need to:

  • Report to HPPH any missing vaccinations that have been received so that your child's record can be updated
  • Arrange for your child to get any missing vaccinations.
    • Please call 1-888-221-2133 ext 3558 for details and to book an appointment.